Download the Read & Write Gold Program
- Click on the Download button below to begin downloading the program as a compressed .zip file
- Once your download it complete, decompress it by double-clicking the Read_And_Write-Gold.zip file
- Once the file is decompressed, open the folder and double-click on "Read&Write 10.exe"
What is the Read & Write Gold program?
- Improves Reading Fluency and Comprehension
- Helps with Research, Writing, and Test Taking
- Integrates with Mainstream Windows Applications
- Includes Powerful Teacher Support Tools
- Text to Speech: hear text read aloud in conjunction with dual highlighting; it even works with Flash and Text embedded within graphics
- Phonetic Spell Checker: analyzes and corrects spelling and returns suggestions for common spelling errors, and those errors which are common with dyslexia
- Word Prediction: learns the writer's style and predicts the word they are typing and the word they want to use next, and prediction can be modified by manually adding words. Indicators beside each word show context accuracy to avoid grammatical errors.
- Talking Dictionary: each word in the dictionary has a description and sample sentence, all of which can be spoken, along with alternative suggestions
- Word Wizard: acts as a thesaurus
- Homophone Checker: color codes confusable words and lists possible alternatives with audible definitions and sample sentences
- Talking Calculator: provides the most common functions associated with a Simple or Scientific Calculator and provides an audit trail so that each user can see their calculations as they progress
- Screenshot Reader: used to read aloud all text, including text that is embedded within an image or video or is contained within inaccessible flash. Simply click the toolbar button and surround the area you would like read. The selected text will be analyzed with an OCR process and be read aloud with highlighting.
- Speech Maker: allows the conversion of text to MP3, WMA or WAV files
- DAISY Reader: allows users to read their DAISY Books while working within Read & Write GOLD, and includes a dual color highlighting option
- Pronunciation Tutor: breaks words into syllables allowing easy recognition of syllables in a word, and includes an on-screen moving mouth to help develop more accurate speech
- Scanning: scans paper-based documents or saved images into MS Word, HTML, MS Excel or PDF format, and the text may be read aloud and edited
- Fact Finder: performs a web search through your default search engine
- Fact Folder: captures text from any application, classifies it, attaching pictures, captures bibliographic information and records the source. When research is complete, the user can convert facts to a Word document with one click of a button, download the text to PDA, convert to HTML or turn the text into a slide show.
- Online Fact Mapper: produces a visual representation of facts and ideas on screen, and is useful for idea mapping, brainstorming, outlining, revising, and drafting work
- Screen Masking: tints the screen using any number of colors, and masks areas of the window apart from the reading or typing area, and is helpful to users who have trouble focusing
- Speech Input: llows users to convert speech to text
- Online Translator: translates into multiple languages and speaks the translation aloud while highlighting
- PDFaloud: speech-enables PDF files (provided the file's security settings allow for text copying) with dual highlighting support, and provides options for controlling voice output settings, using a dictionary and calculator, and searching the internet
- Study Skills Tools: highlights and extracts text from any document or website to create study guides, outlines, etc. This is particularly useful when you want to select text and categorize it separately by type (e.g., main ideas, supporting details, vocabulary words, etc.). Students can highlight each type with a different color, and then collect the highlighted text and create a new document.
- Summary Feature: allows users, while working in Microsoft Word, to summarize a document by paring down its content by 10% to 75%
- NIMAS Conversion Tool: creates NIMAS source files from your work (e.g., Digital Talking Books)
- Teacher's Toolkit: allows teachers to control which features a student has access, includes a spelling error log and an activity log which can be accessed only by the teacher. The spelling log provides a list of recent corrections that the student has made, while the activity log lists information such as duration the program was used, number of words typed, number of errors, percentage of errors and any new words that have been learned. This can be used to re-test students, to create individual lesson plans or to assess usage of software.